.status-msg-wrap { display: none; } div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Flash: A dog & his man

I have a person. His name is Ron. He brought me home when I was a pup. He cried to me when his girlfriend broke up with him.
He hugged me and danced all around the room when he joined the army.
He said he would miss me, the day he was to be commissioned to Afghanistan. I don;t know where it is, but I hope my person is safe.

I haven't seen him for 18 months now. I stay with the pet care.

Then today morning, I could feel him, his presence, his smell around me. I barked all day. I was tied to the porch outside, but I knew my person is somewhere around.

And then I see him come by, in his uniform looking smart.
I break my leash and dash to greet my person, he sees me and breaks down.
That day, is the day we I realized that Ron is not my person, he is my reason to live.
PC:  pixabay.com
This post is written for Flash Fiction

10 comments:

  1. dogs do fall in love with humans, well written

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I love how this ended! Such a heart touching story. Loved your story from the POV of the dog. Beautiful! Thank you so much for participating in the FFfAW challenge! We are happy you have joined us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment Priceless Joy:)

      I love your initiative and will try to join in as much as possible. And I am glad I started out with a beautiful prompt

      Delete
  3. There does seem to be an attachment that strong. So intense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The attachment between a dog and a man is beyond words
      Thanks for dropping by Roger :)

      Delete

Hey, Your comments would encourage me to write more.
Thanks for dropping in this time.