.status-msg-wrap { display: none; } div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

FF: Memories

I returned home after 15 years. My land, My Mexico, its Mehico for me. I drive by Red Mtn Deli and so many memories have come flooding by.

PC: Jean L. Hays
I came here for my first date with Gina. We practiced with our first band in the garage here. Pops used to give us milkshakes for free. I had my first heartbreak here. I was here with my friends when the announcement on radio came for me to join back my brothers in the army. This is the last place I saw my friends saying a tearful goodbye.

All of this before our Red Mtn Market and Deli was attacked by terrorists.

This post is written for Friday Fictioneers

18 comments:

  1. We are facing war here, and this strikes a chord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Reena :-)
      Hope the situation changes to a peaceful one.

      Delete
  2. A life wrapped up in a location. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flood of memories all coming back. Nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't sure where this was going until the very end. Nicely done---memories that resonated with me, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing terrorists can do to wipe away memories. Nice one

    My FriFic tale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that..Thanks for dropping by Keith :-)

      Delete
  6. Lives begun and lives ended, and all too soon. Your narrator carries a great burden of sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things sometimes stay deep buried...
      Thanks for dropping by Penny :-)

      Delete
  7. Didn't see that ending coming. Very heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The emotions of the main character are very well portrayed.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, Your comments would encourage me to write more.
Thanks for dropping in this time.