.status-msg-wrap { display: none; } div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Monday, December 19, 2016

SWG: Just before the end

THIS WEEK'S WORDS come from "A Christmas Poem" by Conrad Hilberry:mouth, mother, mutter, sticky, slip, straw, faces, father, figs, wasting, ways, warp 


PC: agoramedia
I felt something sticky,  in my mouth. It felt like rotten figs.
The look on my parents faces were a mix of pity and love
My mother muttered to my father something that should not have been audible to me.

"My baby, is wasting his life in the worst ways possible. I hate to see him slip by. I could not see the way the car was warped around my child. Why did he have to drink so much, that too when he had promised me that he will give up"

That was the final straw, before I embraced Mr. Reaper

This post is written for Sunday Swirligig: 90

4 comments:

  1. A poignant piece of prose - says so much in so few lines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so sad, but a great response to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Pat
      Merry Christmas :-)

      Delete

Hey, Your comments would encourage me to write more.
Thanks for dropping in this time.