.status-msg-wrap { display: none; } div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Wow: I have a hand

I met with an semi fatal accident in 2006.

I was semi conscious on the road, I knew something went wrong. But at that moment I didn't know what has happened,or what's going on around me.
I remember some people's voices, I remember being lifted.

When I regained my senses, I saw a blank ceiling, green curtains moving slightly.
I hear the doctor taking to my father.
I vividly remember what he said "her right hand, it's gone"
I couldn't see my father's expression. But I could taste my own tears, my voice died in my throat, my senses went dry.

They had to do 3 consecutive emergency surgeries  to save whatever is left of my hand and for that they couldn't put any anesthesia for some reason.

I wanted to see what's going on, but the doctors held my face away and did not let me see anything. I was in a very dazed state to fathom anything that is going on there.

I remember asking the doctor "Do I have a hand?"
A few seconds of absolutely breathlessness, until the doctor said "yes , you do?"
I started weeping, tears of happiness.

I was wheeled out of the OT, I remember hugging my plastered right hand to my chest and chanting just one dialog to everyone who was ready to hear "I have a hand, Guys! I have a hand"


Its the true story of my right hand, I went through 19 surgeries from 2006 to 2009, I have a visible scar till now, but some moment last forever.


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Your comments would encourage me to write more.
Thanks for dropping in this time.