.status-msg-wrap { display: none; } div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

WODW: Pain



I am not going to think when I write this story. Actually, this story doesn't need any thinking. Its my story. It's what I went through and it has made me what I am today.

In 2006, I met with a semi fatal road accident. I badly crushed my right hand under the wheels of a carrier truck.
I was in the hospital, for 8 months and went through 19 surgeries for this, and I went through gazillion physiotherapy's for 3 years.

In the mean time, I went through an emotional turmoil, on the verge of breaking down and committing suicide because I had an irreparable scar on my hand.
I lost many friends, my boyfriend broke up with me.
A lot of money went into my treatment, so we had a bad financial phase.
All that unbearable physical pain after every surgery
I lost 2 years of my college.

What I learnt?
I learnt that, a scar or not I am beautiful the way I am
The people who accept me the way I am are my friends, a man who accepts me with my flaws is the man I would want to be with
Money comes and goes, i can earn it again, a little cutting down here and there and, life is good
I may have completed my education late, but I am talented and I have proved i to people who demeaned me, that I am nothing but the best
Pain is temporary. Its there to remind me that I am not weak.


Today, when i look back, I realize that this accident has made me a very strong woman inside, nothing can break me easily.

I realized,

Pain was just God's way of melting my weakness away

This post is written for -Write or Die Wednesdays  by Mia of The Chronicles of Chaos and Vashelle of Shelly’s Cabaret 

14 comments:

  1. It's true that your pain, and what you go through, can make you stronger! I like your last line about God melting your weakness away. I never thought of that before. Keep on keeping on :) *erica*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiring story! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How true. Pain is God's way of melting weakness and one emerges stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this line: "Pain is temporary. Its there to remind me that I am not weak." Beautiful words, Dee Dee. Thank you for sharing your inspiring and brave story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you a big hug all the way from India! Thank you for sharing your inspiring story! You're a hero!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Received your hug, right here in India :-)
      Thanks for dropping by

      Delete
  6. Behind every pain is God's prize for us. Lovely read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dee Dee, that is a lot to go through at one time, and I want to send you a virtual hug for enduring so much! But like a phoenix, you rose from the ashes :)

    Your strength is evident in your words. Thank you for sharing with us!

    -Shelly

    ReplyDelete

Hey, Your comments would encourage me to write more.
Thanks for dropping in this time.