.status-msg-wrap { display: none; } div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Sunday, February 7, 2016

WOW: No One Knew

There is a good side & a bad side of everyone. People out there have seen a stupid, silly, dumb, mean me. Not many people know that there is a side of me which sympathizes with people who feel like committing suicide.
Because I have been through the feeling of being alone, having no hope, losing all what you had, all what you have worked for in the matter of seconds.
The feeling when you just want to end life, thinking that is what is the answer for all the problems.
Then, I started a blog and had something to pour out my feelings to.

Now, Im successful, happy, loved by everyone.
Not all are as lucky as I am.

image
My post is number 9th in the list
People try to kill themselves for gravest reasons to reasons as silly as "not able to see their favorite TV channel"

Nobody knows that I am a volunteer at the anti-suicide helpline & I work in a different identity.
It feels good when after months or years you get an email from someone whom you spoke to, thanking you for stopping them from killing themselves.

Its been more than 3 years, that I have stopped my "helpline" work. But, when I did, it gave me an immese satisfaction.

The feeling you get, to bring smile to a stranger who doesn't know who you are is priceless

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Your comments would encourage me to write more.
Thanks for dropping in this time.