.status-msg-wrap { display: none; } div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Monday, September 11, 2017

Liebster Award

Yaay! I got nominated for an award. Yaay! Yaay!
Ok now that, the excitement has reduced, I got nominated for the Liebster Award in this post *yaay yaay yaay* by super sweet, super pretty Emily Bloomquist.
I came across her blog for the first time during a challenge. I made it a point to visit her blog as much as possible and fell in love with her life in Ecuador.

PC
Thank you Emily, you just made my day with the Liebster Award

What is Liebster Award? (Definition is copied from Emily's post itself)
"Liebster" is a German word meaning beloved or dearest. It is an online recognition in form of virtual award which started in 2011 passed on by bloggers to fellow bloggers for enjoying and valuing their work. The idea is to recognize the effort and give credit.

The Liebster Award is interesting in that anyone nominated for it receives it by writing an acceptance post. That is what I am doing now. The rules for accepting the award are straightforward:

  • Thank the person who nominated you 
  • Answer the 11 questions you were asked by the person who nominated you
  • Nominate 11 people and ask them 11 questions.
  • Notify each of the nominees on their blog.

These are the questions that Emily asked

1. What prompted you to begin blogging? 
A. I was sad, I wanted to talk to someone, I didn't want anyone to judge me, and then I got this platform where I have a million strangers ready to listen to me without knowing, or judging me.

2. Which language would you like to learn?
A. Undoubtedly, Spanish

3. What is your favorite experience in the past six months?
A. Nothing, in particular. Its been a boring year yet.

4. What one location in the world you would like to visit? Why?
A. If I had to select one location? It would be the Europe, there are so many places to visit in there.

5. Do you have pets? If yes, please introduce them
A. I am too irresponsible to take care of pets so No, I don't have any

6. What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
A. I haven't eaten strange food but I have seen people eating a live breathing fish right out of the water which was a bit creepy for me being a vegetarian

7. What is your biggest struggle while writing?
A. Grammar and spellings. I write in a flow, and type really fast and make a zillion mistakes on the way. And then I have to proof read a post five times before posting.

8. Who would you like to receive a week of training / mentorship from?
A. My previous boss - Mini Manakame

9. What is the first thing you drink in the morning?
A. Water

10. How many books do you read per month?
A. Two or Three

11. What was your favorite time of the year when you were going up?
A. Summer Holidays. We went to our grand-pappi's place to get all that pampering

_________________________________________________________________________________
 I would like to nominate the following people for the next Liebster Award

Mocktail Mommies
Su-sieee Mac
Ga H
Kalpana Solsi
Iain Kelly
Hilary Melton-Butcher
Subroto Pant
Rajesh
Dr. Anita Sabbat
Alistair Phillips
Yarnspinner

_________________________________________________________________________________
My Questions for the above nominees are;

1. If you would change one incident in your life what would it be?
2. If you get to travel in time; would you go in your past or future?
3. If you had a superpower, what would it be and why?
4. Which celebrity, would you rate as perfect 10?
5. Which cartoon character do you associate yourself most with and why?
6. What has been your best and your worst purchases yet?
7. If you were forced to change your name, what would your new name be?
8. What has been the worst pick-up line used on you?
9. If you had just 1 minute to live, whom would you like to see last?
10. Who do you think is the sexiest person alive?
11. If you were an inanimate object, what would you be and why?

Congrats,people; I do hope that you accept my humble award and do answer these questions too 

5 comments:

  1. Hi DeeDee - thanks so much ... sadly I'm hopeless with these - so am grateful you thought of me ... but will pass it by.

    Congratulations to all the recipients - and I like your answers ... travelling in Europe would be good ... and you could practise your Spanish in Spain! Summertime with grandparents - always good.

    For me - I'd travel back in time ... too many questions I need answers to! Thank you so much and enjoy the rest of your year - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination DeeDee. I am going to have to decline as I have already done one of these before. But thanks for the thought, very kind of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for nominating us for this honour!!
    We will surely revert back with our post and will carry the baton ahead.
    -Anagha from Team MocktailMommies
    Https://mocktailmommies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, DeeDee! Well deserved honor for you! Thank you for your kind words - you are so sweet :)

    That your wonderful blog began from sadness and seeking a non-judgmental release is something that can help others pull themselves out, too.

    Congrats again and well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! congratulations and thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, Your comments would encourage me to write more.
Thanks for dropping in this time.